To Whom It May Concern,
We hope you are healthy and safe. We are writing to urge you to order the immediate re-opening of gyms and health clubs across Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia that are currently closed due to COVID-19. We own a facility called CrossFit Lah and Fit Lah Health and Wellness in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. Through one-on-one and small group sessions, we bolster our clients’ physical and mental wellbeing through nutrition and functional movement coaching. As business owners and community members, we feel that it is imperative that you permit gyms and health clubs to re-open as soon as possible.
Gyms and health clubs provide accountability to our clients, and help them to reduce their rates of stress, anxiety and depression; increase endorphins which help to alleviate pain; increase metabolism and maintain a healthy body weight; increase muscle mass and bone density - which can prevent injury and disability later in life; increase energy levels; reduce their risk of chronic disease, improve sleep and brain function, and boost mobility. We think you would agree with us that the need for these positive health benefits has never been higher.
We want to assure you though that the safety of our clients and our community continues to be our top priority, and in keeping with official orders we closed our business as of 17-March-2020, one day prior to the official MCO. However, under the current restrictions we believe that our clients’ health is deteriorating. If permitted to reopen, we would operate under strict cleaning protocols and follow all MOH and MITI guidelines.
Specifically, our COVID-19 guidelines are as follows:
● Everyone who enters the CrossFit Lah facility will maintain social distancing (6 ft. apart).
● Clients and staff must wash their hands and use hand sanitizer upon entering our facility.
● No more than 8 people in our 3400 square foot facility will be permitted at any given time.
● Clients will be situated at spots on the floor marking a minimum distance of 6 ft. Each client will have their own area with equipment that will be disinfected before and after every use. In addition, each client will be provided with their own disinfection supplies in their designated area. We will minimize use of high-touch equipment throughout the facility.
● Everyone must submit to a reading from a non-contact thermometer upon entering our facility.
● Clients will enter our facility through appointment only. They must schedule at least 24 hours in advance. This will permit and facilitate contact-tracing.
Obesity--and comorbidities such as diabetes and hypertension--have been reported as a significant risk factor in increasing both the severity of symptoms and negative outcomes from COVID-19.
We are in the illness and disease prevention business and believe our services are more essential than ever before. Therefore, we implore you to issue an order permitting the immediate re-opening of gyms and health clubs. Our clients and our community need the professional coaching services and preventative healthcare approach we provide to keep them active, healthy, and pain-free, and to mitigate risk for disease and depression during this challenging time.
We believe that the benefits of proactive and preventative healthcare (whilst upholding social distancing and remaining 6 ft apart) far outweighs the risks. We will be able to help our clients stave off illness, sickness, depression, physical pain and disease through a comprehensive approach.
Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to communicating with you if you have further questions or concerns. I can be reached at +60123872724 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CrossFit Lah Team